Saturday, February 21, 2009

ONE BAD NIGHT!!

So, at about 1:15 this morning I hear brinley saying ''ouchie" over and over again. So I flip on the hall light and go in her room only to discover that there is "fluid" all over her mattress, sheets, jammies, pillow and even dripping off her bed onto the carpet. I was upset because I thought that she had snuck a drink in bed..........wrong. I asked nephi if he had given her a drink and he said, "oh........um, I forgot to put a pullup on her." Yeah, all you moms out there just reacted like I did last night. I had to strip down her bed, take her mattress outside(after washing it) start some laundry, throw brinley in the tub and start scrubbing the carpet. So, anyone out there that has any ideas on how to get urine smell out of a mattress? I was told I couldn't buy a new one! That is my "night from poop" story!

2 comments:

Brianna E. said...

Use a hand held carpet steam cleaner on it (like Kim's green machine). Then spray it down with lysol! It's a good thing they grow out of it. till then, invest in a waterproof matress pad cover.

nathandangie said...

Hey Nephi & Missy,
We just found your blog--the peed mattress story right off the bat was fun. We've had a few of those incidents too, then we finally got a waterproof mattress pad--it helps.
Hope you guys are doing great--Nate missed playing hockey this winter with you.
Take care,
Nate & Angie Buttars