Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Guess I am Just Lucky!


For those of you who know Dr. Durbin know that she is one of the most busiest OBGYN's out there. She doesn't even sleep for crying out loud. Well, I went to my 1 week follow-up for this last (and final) surgery that was done only to find that it would not be your typical office visit. In walks Dr. Durbin with a box and a tin filled with something. I opened the tin and saw that she had made me cookies (don't know how she pulled this off) and then proceeded to open the box. Inside was a plaque that she had made for me. It read:
"spectacular Near-death Experiences"
First Place
MELISSA GEORGI
Special recognition for
EXCELLENCY
in
Repetition
At the time this whole experience was just overwhelming. But looking back I can laugh now, and really appreciate the thoughtfulness that went into this. She is a pretty amazing Doctor and I feel blessed to have had her overseeing my care through this whole ordeal. And thanks so much to everyone and their prayers and concerns. Especially to my mom, for all of the time she has spent in helping to make my life easier as I experienced this trial. And to my sister for so willingly going "hospital hoping" with me. (most of the time at 1 in the morning) I am grateful to have such wonderful, caring family and friends. Without you guys I am not sure I would have had the strength to get through this.

1 comment:

Sarah Taylor said...

Wow! She is an awesome OBGYN! Isn't it such a blessing to have amazing family! I'm glad you're doing better!!