Thursday, April 29, 2010

More than just a drive thru man!!

So, today my mom came and got me to take me for a ride (I just had knee surgery) and get a fountain drink. Later on the drive we both decided that chick-fil-a sounded good, so we made our way over there. We pulled up behind the next car in line and were immediately greeted by the gentleman taking orders outside. He asked what we wanted and we told him, "an 8 piece nugget and a 12 piece nugget". He asked if we wanted sauce...we said "no". Then he called in the order via his headset and a few seconds later told us our total which was quickly followed by, "and your garments are showing". (like it was this big deal. The tone in his voice made it seem like an urgent matter. Kind of like "maam, your nipple is showing" type of urgency.) I glanced down and saw that (I was wearing loose soccer shorts because my knee was all wrapped up) a tiny part of lace was showing out from my white shorts. My mom and I just looked at each other and slowly inched forward in our car. We still can't figure out what possessed him to say that, and also that I was IN MY OWN CAR with a SWOLLEN KNEE and a little DOPED UP from LORTAB! LOL! I just thought it was a little strange that he felt it was his business to look into my car and tell me my garments were showing. LOL. Hum....some people. That, by far, has got to be one of the most odd experiences I have ever had. Glad I got to share it with my mom. ;)